Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sparkle Appropriate

There's been a lot of debate on whether or not sequins/sparkles are appropriate work attire, and unless you work in an ultra conservative office a hint of glitz is perfectly acceptable.  The key is to keep the rest of your outfit conservative.  I chose to wear one of my favorite sparkly shirts under a boyfriend blazer and paired it with a black skirt.






Boyfriend Jacket: Forever 21
Sequined Shirt: J. Crew
Skirt: Old Navy
Tights: Hue
Booties: Belk
Watch: Michael Kors
Ring and Earrings: Banana Republic
Lip Gloss: Inglot (my absolute favorite)

2 comments:

  1. I am thrilled to see shoe clips are making a comeback! When I was a little girl I remember playing in my mother's closet and re-arranging the clips on her dress pumps, not necessarily swapping pair for pair! She found it less entertaining than I did! What a nice way to dress up an inexpensive pair of shoes and making them look entirely different! Thanks April for the fresh ideas!

    ReplyDelete